Yesterday, when I was giving Matty his milk in the morning, John Philip walked in and said, “I thought that was you in the bathroom, Mommy.” (We have a window in our bathroom that opens up into the hallway where my scrapping corner is.) I said, “I heard a clicking noise when I was in the bathroom and thought that was you.”
- JP: It wasn’t me. The cats were making the clicking noise.
- Me: Really?
- JP: Yeah, they were playing with your paper cutter thing. They were lifting it up and letting it fall.
- Me: Oh, ok. (At this point I was thinking how what he said might be possible.)
A couple of minutes later, JP is holding those orange strips of paper in the picture on the right and said, “See, the cats did this.”
- Me: Oh, did they?
- JP: Yeah.
- Me: Are you sure you didn’t do it? I don’t see how the cats could have done that. It’s ok. You can tell me the truth.
- JP: No, it wasn’t me. It was the cats.
- Me: Well, next time don’t cut my paper because I had other plans for it.
- JP: But I didn’t do it.
- Me: That’s fine if you didn’t do, I’m just telling you that if you get any future ideas, don’t mess with the things on my desk.
- JP: Ok.